Sunday 22 February 2009

Match Report

At last we have played our first competitive match this year, with thanks to our hosts Connah's Quay(Tigers and Stripes).

The first game was probably the best I have seen the guys perform since Steve and I have been at the helm, with the hard work at training paying dividends. The 5-0 win was evidence of this. The passing and movement was, dare I say it reminiscent of a 'Forest' team of the 70's .

Having said that, the guys got a bit complacent for the second game as we succumbed to a 1-0 defeat, although I have to say to one of the more bizarre goals scored this side of Old Trafford. (Did I just say 'Old Trafford' on our website). Although there was no shortage of good old fashioned grit and determination from the team, with an excellent debut from our new player Michael.

Well Done to all!!!







No comments: